My Life

I Love God, my family, friends and love life. Enjoy being around people and make friends. Enjoy cookingg and of course EATING!!!....ahahhaha.....absolutely love what i am doing right now....Love shopping!!!...sleeping...ZZZZZZZZ......and just relaxing with a cup of tea and cookies....

Friday, September 22, 2006

finally.....


Hi thereeee...
finally after such a long absent im back here writing my new post.....
I havent had any inspiration to write recently....but now i think i do.....and it's becauseeee...FINALLY my craving for scones is satisfied...
I baked my own scones today...yum yum!!!!...love scones...actually this is my second time baking this.....I love it so much after i baked it last time and I decided to bake another batch today....

It's called Raisin/sultanas oat scones.....the texture is really good, no metallic after-taste some scones give and it tastes like digestive biscuits ( for some reason). Though it does not rise as much but I really like this recipe.....
For those interested in making it, check out the recipe at www.joyofscones.com and look for cranberry oat scones....

I modified the recipe a little bit. I didnt add in lemon zest and instead of cranberry i used raisins/sultanas. I also replaced buttermilk with thickened cream. For those who love to bake, try this recipe. You'll fall in love with it as much as I do. The most important step in making scones is really the step where you mix the dry and wet ingredients together. DO NOT OVERWORK THE DOUGH. Just like muffins, if you overwork the dough you'll get really hard scones ( which you probably can carry as a weapon in case if you meet some bad guys on the street you can just throw it at the person and he/she will knock out coz it's too hard....im joking, that's lame im sorreeeeyyyy...). So when you add in the wet ingredients just mix it until it's just combined. However, if you realize that you've overworked the dough after you bake it, dont feel discouraged, try again next time now that you know how much you should mix it.

www.joyofbaking.com is really such a great website for recipes. As well as http://pennylanekitchen.blogsome.com . I really love these two websites, they have excellent recipes with great pictures...go and check it out.
Anyway, that's for my new post today...
caooooo.......enjoy the recipe.....

Oh oh another thing, just to give you a thought for the day :" Do not let fact replace faith in your life. ". This thought came to me this morning when I was praying for different people facing different circumstances and that includes me too. One thought that came to mind at that time was this phrase: don't let fact replace faith in my life. Well, let me explain. Facts are facts. Examples of facts: exam's 7 weeks ahead and i still got heaps to study or friends/relatives been diagnosed with certain physical illness. Those are facts. When we face circumstances, those are facts. But no matter what we face in life, always keep our faith in God that HE can give us the breakthrough we need. IF you focus too much on your circumstances, you'll eventually lose your faith in God and hence you might even feel helpless or hopeless. Do not let those negative circumstances/facts cloud your mind. Keep on believing that He is able to calm the storm, He is able to heal the sick, He is able to meet all your needs, He is able to turn my negative circumstances and bring good things out of it. HE is able!!...So no matter what circumstances you are facing right now, the fact is that those problems ARE there, they ARE real...but no matter what keep on believing that "All things work for the good of those who believe in Him."

okay then...that's all from me for noww....
till i write again...!!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wah...the scones look yummy...

3:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home