My Life

I Love God, my family, friends and love life. Enjoy being around people and make friends. Enjoy cookingg and of course EATING!!!....ahahhaha.....absolutely love what i am doing right now....Love shopping!!!...sleeping...ZZZZZZZZ......and just relaxing with a cup of tea and cookies....

Sunday, October 15, 2006

first attempt at cake deco...







Hi there...as promised...hahahaha..here I am writing a bit about my weekend and my baking experience through the weekend...
I made pandan chiffon cake on Saturday.....that was my second attempt and I turned out wayyyy better than my first one......my first chiffon cake just look and tasted weird.....it's tooooo green coz I put too much pandan essence and it's not quite that "chiffon-y" if you get what I mean. But this attempt was fantastic....well we learn from our mistakes dont we....I used the wrong flour and the temperature was too high....

So this is the recipe:
PANDAN CHIFFON CAKE

Ingredients 1:
-200 gr egg white ( around 5 large eggs)
- 150 gr castor sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tar tar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt

Ingredients 2:
- 150 gr self rising flour OR cake flour
-5 egg yolks
- 75ml vegetable oil
- 100 ml coconut cream
- 1 teaspoon pandan essence ( please dont put too much coz it'll taste and look like play dough...ahhahahah.....that's what happened to my first one)

Method:
- Heat up oven at 170 degrees celcius
- Ingredient 1, mix everything and beat till stiff peaks form ( around 5 minutes with hand held mixer)
- Ingredient 2, put the flour in a bowl, make a well in the centre and put the egg yolks in, mix in one direction, add in oil and coconut cream slowly until you get a paste. Add in pandan essence. Mix well.
- Pour 1/3 of ingredient 1 into ingredient 2, mix well, add in the mixture back to ingredient 1, mix well.
- Pour into a chiffon pan or bundt pan WITHOUT greasing it with oil or flour.
- Put in oven for 30 minutes and turn down the temperature for 150 degrees celcius and bake for another 15 minutes or until it turns brown or an inserted cake tester/tooth pick comes out clean.
- Take cake out from oven and turn it over. Wait till the cake cools down then use a knife to scrape the side of the cake to help you get the cake out of the pan.
- While baking, NEVER OPEN OVEN DOOR

And i also baked a japanese cheesecake, you can get the recipe at http://pennylanekitchen.blogsome.com . Go to the cheesecake section and look for japanese cheesecake. Forgive the decoration. It was my first attempt using a decorating bag so obviously I need more practice....ahhahhaha...

And today's church service was great, pastor Doery preached a great message on believing that God is a God that's able to turn the impossible possible. He is the GOd of abundance and able to give us the miracles that we need or have been praying for. That really lifts up my spirit and I really felt very encouraged.....Sooo..keep believing everyone, God is able....

Well..that's all from me for now........I attached some of the pics we took today.....enjoyyy.....

3 Comments:

Blogger Mei said...

i'm sure it tasted absolutely yummy! i wish i could bake like you too!!!

6:01 AM  
Blogger lenyh said...

thank you so much meiling...ehhehehe...it's not that hard, just need to keep experimenting......i had lots of failed products too
ehhehehehe....

4:16 AM  
Blogger Casey said...

Leny the legendary chef. There's no one quite like her. All hail Leny~~~! ;)

7:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home