My Life

I Love God, my family, friends and love life. Enjoy being around people and make friends. Enjoy cookingg and of course EATING!!!....ahahhaha.....absolutely love what i am doing right now....Love shopping!!!...sleeping...ZZZZZZZZ......and just relaxing with a cup of tea and cookies....

Friday, November 03, 2006

Unconditional love

What does unconditional love mean?
According to Oxford dictionary, Unconditional= not subject to any condition.
So unconditional love to me means a love that's not subjected to any condition or sitution. Love that's ever so strong and true despite of all the weaknesses of the other party, love that persists through the good and the bad, love that doesn't change despite circumstances that ever so often change in our life, love that's always there even when we dont deserve it, love that's ALREADY there when we havent realized it. To me, that's unconditional love.

But how often do we find this kind of unconditional love. Honestly, not very often I find. Too often in our society and even as a child, we were brought up in a culture which says " if you're required to do something that doesnot benefit you, dont do it.".Too often we try to work so hard to try to obtain other's love and approval. Don't you agree with me?
We try to be nice, smile at people, do nice things to others so that we can obtain their love. Honestly, in our society nowadays do you think many people will love us if we are harsh, impolite and rude? Well.....i guess all of us know the answer. Too often people love us not of who we are but of what we do or have done. Where then can we find unconditional love? Im not saying that we shouldn't improve to be a better person. Neither am I saying that we should be rude and harsh to others. No no no no...Im a kinda person that am completely into being a nice person to others. But that's not the point, my point is, all of us are human and we make mistakes yea? We do wrong things, we have our ups and downs, good and bad day, happy and sad day. No one escapes making mistakes in life. And when we do, do we have people around us that'll say : "I love you no matter what mistakes you've done in your life. It's not too late to change." Well of course some of us do, but sometimes people are too quick to judge that we aren't given the opportunity to change.

I think unconditional love can only be found in God. I was strucked in awe again by God's love the other day. He made me realize again how much He loves me despite of all my weaknesses, all my shortcomings, all the mistakes that I've done in my life and all those times that I have either intentionally or unintentionally hurt Him. His love is always there. He is the ONE that'll continue to love me with a love so strong, a love so true despite of all my weaknesses. Even at times when I've walked away from Him, at times when I've neglected His presence in my life, He is always there waiting for me to run back to Him. And when I take that one step back to Him, guess what? He'll take that extra 100 steps to me. All He wants is just that one step back to Him. Nothing can separate us from the love of God the bible says, not angels or demons, not heaven or earth. His love is always there for us. he loves us even before we love Him. But the only way that we can get disconnected from God's love is when we choose to walk away from Him. His love is STILL there even when we walk away, but it's us that choose not to experience it. But we we turn back, we'll always find Him, Our Father, there waiting for us.

A love so strong, a love so true.
This love I find when I found You.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home